- Special Assistance Programme (SAP, Phase-I) sanctioned to the Department by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India.
- Post-graduate programme in Bioresources as an innovative course sanctioned by the University Grants Commission (UGC), India under 'Teaching & Research in Interdisciplinary & Emerging Areas
- Special financial assistance by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India under its 'Fund for Improvement of Science and Technology Infrastructure
- A special grant sanctioned by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under its Basic Scientific Research (BSR) scheme for upgradation and augmentation of infrastructure and other allied services for the benefit of faculty, scholars and students.
- Recognition to the Kashmir University Botanical Garden by the Botanical Gardens Conservation International (BGCI)
- Recognition as a Core Group by the Mountain Invasion Research Network (MIREN
- Award of Certificate of Merit by the Chancellor of the Universities of J&K, Shri N N Vohra, Hon’ble Governor of the Jammu & Kashmir State on a special award ceremony organized by the Directorate of InternalQuality Assurance (DIQA), University of Kashmir
Recent Honours and Awards to Faculty
- Fellow of the National Institute of Ecology (FNIE) – conferred to Professor Zafar A Reshi.
- Fellow of Indian Association of Taxonomy – conferred to Prof. G.H. Dar
- Best Teacher Award – conferred to Professors G. H. Dar and Zafar A Reshi by the Chancellor of the Universities of J & K, Shri N N Vohra, the Governor of the Jammu & Kashmir State.
- Prof Y D Tyagi Gold Medal - awarded to Prof. G. H. Dar (UGC Scientist Emeritus) by the Indian Association of Angiosperm Taxonomy (IAAT) for his contribution to the flora of Kashmir Himalaya.
- Best Oral Presentation Prize – given to Dr Irshad A Nawchoo, at the International Conference held in the Department of Botany, University of Pune.
- Best Poster Presentation Award – bagged by Dr Inayatullah Tahir at the National Symposium on Lifestyle Floriculture: Challenges and Opportunities at Dr Y. S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan (HP) India.
- DBT-CREST Award (Cutting Edge Research Enhancement and Scientific Training Award) for the year 2011-12 - conferred to Dr Manzoor A Shah by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Young Scientist Grant Award – awarded to Dr Manzoor A Shah from the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) at Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Young Scientist Award – conferred to Mr Anzar A Khuroo by the J & K Department of Science and Technology in the category of Biological Science.
Diversification and Adjuncts
- Centre for Biodiversity & Taxonomy (CBT)
- Kashmir University Botanical Garden (KUBG)
- High Altitude Gulmarg Satellite Garden
- Kashmir University Herbarium (KASH
|Other achievements at a glance
|Number of students who have successfully completed M Sc
|Number of students currently enrolled for M Sc
|Number of students who have successfully completed M Phil
|Number of students currently enrolled for M Phil program.
|Number of students who have completed Ph D program
|Number of students currently enrolled for Ph D program.
|Number of research papers published
|Number of books published
|Number of JRF/NET/SET qualified students
|Number of research projects completed till date
|Number of research projects in hand
|Number of consultancy projects completed till date
|Number of consultancy projects in hand
|Number of species described as new to science
|Number of new records reported till date
|Number of herbarium specimens in KASH herbarium
|Number of specimens/other items in the museum
|Number of books in the Departmental library