- The Department has got recognition from major funding agencies of the country in the form of DST-FIST, UGC-SAP I & II and UGC-Innovative programmes.
- Total grants received: DST-FIST (Level 0) in 2008 for 5yrs worth INR 27,50,000/- (Received)
UGC-SAP (DRS0) in 2009 for 5 yrs worth INR 41,44,384/- (Received)
UGC-SAP (DSR1) in 2014 for 5 yrs worth INR 120 lakhs (sanctioned)
DST-FIST (Level 1) in 2017 for 5 yrs worth INR195 lakh (Sanctioned)
- Research Projects funded by national and international agencies such as DBT, DST, DAAD, UGC, CSIR etc are routinely undertaken by various faculty members.
- Continuing the legacy of research excellence, the faculty members of the Department publish an average of 74.5 research papers annually (2012-2016), mostly in Science Citation Index (SCI) journals.
- Recognition to the Kashmir University Botanical Garden by the Botanical Gardens Conservation International (BGCI)
- Recognition as a Core Group by the Mountain Invasion Research Network (MIREN)
Recent Honours and Awards to Faculty
- GETin Fellowship awarded to Dr Riffat John by IUSSTF to visit Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, USA w.e.f. January to April 2018.
- Raman Fellowship for Post-Doctoral Research awarded to Dr Irfan Rashid by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India, availed at Purdue University, USA w.e.f. January 2017 to January 2018.
- Visiting Scientist Fellowship awarded to Dr Rifat John by Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi to visit Biological Research Centre and University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary from 10 September to 10 October 2017.
- Kader Award in Postharvest Training conferred to Mr Mohmad Arief Zargar by the Board of Directors of The Postharvest Education Foundation, USA on 31 March 2017.
- National Young Academy of Science award conferred to Dr Riffat John by Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi w.e.f. 2016-2021.
- Best paper award conferred to Dr A.H. Wani at 6th International Conference on Plant Pathogens and People, challenges in Plant Pathology to benefit Humankind, organized by Indian Phytopathological Society and American Phytopathological society, at IARI, New Delhi, India w.e.f. 25 to 26 Feb 2016.
- Best paper award conferred to Dr Mohd Yaqub Bhat at 6th International Conference on Plant Pathogens and People, challenges in Plant Pathology to benefit Humankind, organized by Indian Phytopathological Society and American Phytopathological society, at IARI, New Delhi, India w.e.f. 25 to 26 Feb 2016.
- Distinguished Scientist Award conferred to Dr Aijaz A. Wani from Centre for Advanced Research and Design, Venus International Foundation (VIRA-2016 Awards) at Chennai in the field of Cytogenetics.
- Young Faculty award conferred to Dr Seema Singh, from ETT-Faculty Branding Awards - at Noida- India and ‘Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini award’ for outstanding achievement International business council, New Delhi
- Visiting Scientist Fellowship awarded to Dr Irfan Rashid by Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi to visit Institute of Botany, The Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS), Trebon, Czech Republic from 11 - 25 November, 2016.
- Visiting professorship awarded to Dr Manzoor A Shah by King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for one year with effect from 8 February, 2015 to 8 January, 2016.
- J&K Council for Science & Technology Young Scientist award conferred to Dr Irfan Rashid during 10th JK Science Congress, held in Jammu University from 14-16 March, 2015.
- Certificate of Excellence in Research awarded to Dr Seema Singh from ETT-Faculty Branding Awards--Kolkata- India.
- Young Scientist Award conferred to Dr Irfan Rashid from J&K Council for Science and Technology during 10th JK Science Congress, held in Jammu University from March 14-16, 2015.
- Young Scientist Award conferred to Dr. Riffat John from J&K Council for Science and Technology during 10th JK Science Congress, held in Jammu University from March 14-16, 2015.
- Gold Medal awarded to Dr Manzoor a Shah by the Indian Academy of Environmental Sciences, Haridwar for best paper in a special session during the National Conference on Status and Conservation of Biodiversity in India with Special Reference to Himalaya, held at the University of Kashmir, Srinagar on October 4-5, 2013.
- “Paryavaran Mitra Award” conferred to Dr Manzoor A Shah on 31 August 2013 at the Auditorium, Sher-i-Kashmir institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar, in recognition of the dedicated and outstanding work for in ecological and environmental science.
- INSA Visiting Scientist Fellowship awarded to Dr Rifat John to work at National Institute for Plant Genomic Research, New Delhi
- The DBT CREST AWARD (Cutting-edge Research Enhancement and Scientific Training- Award)-2012, formerly known as Biotechnology Overseas Associateship (BTOA) Award, confered to Dr Manzoor A Shah for working with Prof. R.M. Callaway, University of Montana, USA.
- Dr A P Das Biodiversity Medal-2013 awarded to Dr Anzar A Khuroo, by East Himalayan Society for Spermatophyte Taxonomy, India.
- Shiksha Rattan Puraskar (India International Friendship Society) awarded to Prof. Inayatullah Tahir.
Diversification and Adjuncts
- Centre for Biodiversity & Taxonomy (CBT)
- Kashmir University Botanical Garden (KUBG)
- High Altitude Gulmarg Satellite Garden
- Kashmir University Herbarium (KASH)
- Botanical Museum